Scraping (Gua Sha) performed at Acupuncture Perth, is a natural, alternative therapy that involves scraping of skin with a massage tool for improving blood circulation. This conventional form of Chinese healing technique imparts a unique approach to better and sound health, addressing issues like chronic pain.
In Scraping (Gua Sha) practiced at Best Acupuncture Perth, a technician or a certified practitioner of Acupuncture Perth, scrapes your skin with short or long strokes for stimulating microcirculation of the soft tissue thereby increasing blood flow. They make these strokes with a smooth-edged instrument called gua sha massage tool used at Best Acupuncture Perth. The practitioner/technician applies massage oil to skin using the tool for repeatedly scraping your skin ins downward motion.
Gua sha at Acupuncture Perth, is aimed at addressing stagnant energy known as chi in the body responsible for inflammation, which is the underlying cause of several conditions linked with chronic pain. Rubbing the skin’s surface helps to break up this energy, reducing inflammation and promoting faster healing process.
Gua Sha at Best Acupuncture Perth is performed on a person’s back, buttocks, neck, arms, and legs. A tender version of it is applied on the face as a facial technique. Practitioners working at Acupuncture Perth, apply mild pressure gradually increasing intensity for ascertaining the amount of force one can handle.
Benefits of Gua Sha practiced at Best Acupuncture Perth:
- Reduces inflammation.
- Treat ailments causing chronic pain like arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle & joint pain.
- Relieves symptoms of Hepatitis B reducing chronic liver inflammation& liver damage.
- Provides relief from migraine headaches.
- Reduces breast engorgement-the condition when breasts are overfilled with milk experienced by many breastfeeding mothers.
- Effective for chronic neck pain.
- Helps in reducing symptoms of Tourette syndrome which involves involuntary movements like facial tics, throat clearing, and vocal outbursts.
- Reduces symptoms of Perimenopausal syndrome such as insomnia, irregular periods, anxiety, fatigue, hot flashes.
Side effects of Gua Sha:
- Change the skin’s appearance.
- Capillaries near the skin’s surface tend to burst.
- Skin bruising & minor bleeding.
- Temporary indentation of the skin.
- Risk of transferring bloodborne illnesses.
- Not healthy option for people taking blood thinners or having clotting disorders.
When conventional therapies don’t work or improve your symptoms, gua sha done at Best Acupuncture Perth under the guidance of certified, experienced practitioners working at Acupuncture Perth seems to be the only ideal option left.
Get Gua Sha done at Floreat Acupuncture Perth! We provide safe, effective gua sha treatment in consultation with our qualified, certified, experienced practitioners-Liguo Zhang, Yun Liu. With experience spanning over 30 years, Floreat Acupuncture Perth employs traditional techniques like Chinese Herbal Medicine ingua sha, in treating & reducing foot pain, fine lines, wrinkles, puffy eyes, double chins, anxiety, insomnia, headaches & migraines, lethargy, arthritis, TMJ, sinus/hayfever, cancer.
Range of Services:
- Scraping (Gua Sha) for minimizing pain, breaking down adhesions, increasing range of motion, reduced swelling
- Moxibustion for cold condition & cancer support
- Holistic care for foot pain
- Cupping therapy for creating suction for toxin removal
- Cosmetic acupuncture for increasing oxygen levels via microcirculation leading to detoxification
- Acupuncture for holistic well-being
- Chinese Herbal Medicine including Yin & Yang, five elements
- Tui Na/Massage for reducing muscle tension from acute chronic pain through Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LMD)
- Acupuncture for stress & anxiety
Need Gua Sha at the earliest for your health issues?! Call Floreat Acupuncture Perth today, speaking to a member from our clinic.
Call: (08) 6113 6208
Or, visit our website & book online: https://floreatacupuncture.com.au/contact-us/