Acupuncture points are anatomically defined areas on skin relative to certain landmarks on body. Original Chinese pictographs for acupoints denoted that there were holes in skin through which qi energy could flow. These acupoints are reliably detected with electrodermal measurements. While there are numerous acupuncture locations on body, some acupuncturists practicing at Acupuncture Perth, often turn to conventionally identified points. Acupuncture points are generally mapped to 14 main meridian channels called Jing lou through which Qi (vital life energy) Xue (blood), Jinye (body fluids), Jing (essence) and Shen (spirit) flow. One meridian channel relates to each of 12 inner organs. Two additional channels relate to ‘extraordinary vessels’-spine interior (governing vessel) and other along abdominal midline (conception vessel). Meridians are basically networks compared to circulatory system in Western medicine, and each of 14 meridian channels constitute specific number and acupuncture points which include:
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
- Triple Energizer
- Governing Vessel known as sea of yang
- Conception Vessel known as sea of yin
Commonly Used Points & Acupuncture Treatments Performed at Acupuncture Perth:
- Stomach Channel: ST36-Situated on front of leg and below knee, this point treats digestive problems, immune deficiency, fatigue and other ailments.
- Spleen Channel: SP6-Located on inner side of leg above ankle, this point treats hormonal disorders and imbalances like irregular menstruation, digestion, immune disorders.
- Liver Channel: LV3-Situated on top of foot and between second and first toes, this point is used for treating headaches, balancing emotional energy, regulating menstruation along with reduction of high blood pressure.
- Governing Vessel: GV20-Located on top of head, this point treats vertigo, ear and nasal disorders, several mental disorders.
- Conception Vessel: CV12-Situated midway between breast bone and navel, this point is used to treat digestive problems including harmonizing intestines.
- Conception Vessel: CV6-Located approximately 1.5 inches below navel, this point treats exhaustion, weak Spleen Qi, energy of low abdomen and organs.
- Large Intestine Channel: L14-Situated on backside of hand between thumb and first finger, this point activates immune system, aiding in pain alleviation, especially in face.
- Kidney Channel:K13-Located behind inner ankle, this point treats asthma, insomnia, sore throat, lower back pain.
- On back of body, there’re various acupuncture points along both sides of spine connecting to yin organs (solid organs), considered to be very powerful in strengthening heart, liver, lung, kidney, pericardium. Many of points located on Bladder Channel are used for treating variety of conditions. Common points and their indications include:
- BL13-Treats all lung-related issues including asthma, bronchitis, nasal congestion, sore throat.
- BL14-Help conditions relating to pericardium, including palpitations, anxiety& stress, depression, panic attacks.
- BL15-Treats heart-related ailments like blood & circulatory problems, palpitations, anxiety, fear, stress, poor memory, insomnia, night sweats.
- BL18-Main point for treating liver conditions like jaundice, hepatitis, cirrhosis.
- BL21-Aids in alleviating spleen problems like distension, abdominal pain, bloating, poor appetite.
- BL23-Treats entire kidney system, improves sexual deficiency problems in men like impotence, female sexual and reproductive disorders like irregular menstrual cycles, infertility, lower back pain, sprains, ear-related issues like tinnitus, deafness.
Get yourself treated with acupuncture points at Floreat Acupuncture Perth! We provide safe, effective acupuncture to improve health in consultation with our certified practitioners-Liguo Zhang, Yun Liu. With over 30 years of experience, Floreat Acupuncture uses traditional techniques like Chinese Herbal medicine for overall wellbeing & for treating headaches & migraines, foot pain, fine lines, wrinkles, puffy eyes, double chins, anxiety, insomnia, lethargy, arthritis, TMJ, sinus/hayfever, cancer.
Range of Services:
- Acupuncture for migraines & headaches
- Acupuncture for overall, holistic wellbeing
- Moxibustion for cold condition & cancer support
- Scraping (Gua Sha) for reducing pain, breaking down adhesions, increasing range of motion, reduced swelling
- Cupping therapy for creating suction for toxin removal
- Cosmetic acupuncture for increasing oxygen levels via microcirculation leading to detoxification
- Holistic care for foot pain
- Chinese Herbal Medicine including Yin & Yang, five elements
- Tui Na/Massage for reducing muscle tension from acute chronic pain through Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LMD)
- Acupuncture for stress & anxiety
Require sound body?! Call Floreat Acupuncture Perth today, speaking to a member from our clinic.
Call: (08) 6113 6208
Or, visit our website & book online: