Acupressure is a kind of massage based on traditional Chinese medicine practice of acupuncture. With acupressure, you put pressure on certain places on body called acupoints. Pressing these acupoints done at acupuncture Perth, aids in relaxing muscles and improving blood flow, helping out with many common side effects of chemotherapy, pain, migraines and headaches. One can do acupressure at home by using fingers for putting pressure on different acupoints.
Benefits of Acupressure performed at Acupuncture Perth:
- Reduces pain, headaches & migraines.
- Relieves stress, anxiety & worries.
Brief Understanding of Acupressure done at Acupuncture Perth:
Acupressure is based on similar principles as acupuncture, say, acupuncture for migraines and other ailments without needles application. Acupressure starts with meridians which are natural pathways in body allowing energy or qi for circulation. Due to qi blockage, pain and sickness occur. Using physical pressure for stimulating certain points along these energy pathways (365 classical acupoints, but others do exist), one aids in restoring balance enabling body to heal up.
Finding Acupressure Points:
One doesn’t need to visit trained, certified acupuncturist to avail benefits of acupressure-natural headache remedy. You can do it by yourself. Honing techniques and getting idea of which precise points on body to hit for optimal relief, can help you to deal with your next headache. If done right, acupressure is highly beneficial showing remarkable improvements in headache and migraines.
Pressure Points for Acupressure:
- Large Intestine 4 (LI-4)-This acupoint called Large Intestine 4 (LI-4), also known as Hegu, is found on back of hand, and is between base of thumb and indexfinger.For finding it, hold those two fingers together. Between thumb and index finger, visualize a high point on top side of hand. Place thumb of opposite hand on this spot while applying pressure to initiate stimulation. Avoid this acupoint if:
- You’re pregnant as pressing on this point makes you go into labor.
- Skin at or near peeling/blistering point.
- An open wound at/near the point.
- Rash at/near the point.
- Redness, swelling, warmth, or pus at/near the point.
- Gallbladder 20 (GB20)-This spot is located at base of the skull. To find GB20, interface fingers keeping thumbs free and placing palms on back of head with thumbs facing downwards. Feel with thumbs for finding tender, grooved points where neck muscles attach to skull. Upon finding it, use those thumbs for stimulating those areas.
- Triple Energizer 3 (Zhong Zhu)-On top of one hand, find groove between fourth and fifth fingers, slightly farther towards wrist than space between those last two knuckles. Use thumb of opposite hand for pressing and stimulating that point.
- Gallbladder 21 (GB21)-GB21 spots sit on both sides of very top of shoulders at midpoint of each trapezius muscle. For finding it, use thumb and middle finger of opposite hand for pinching shoulder muscle upward. Stimulate deep into that point for few seconds working your way up and down that muscle, effective for relieving neck and shoulder tension apart from reducing headaches.
Get yourself treated for headaches & migraines at Floreat Acupuncture Perth! We provide safe, effective acupuncture to improve health in consultation with our qualified, certified, experienced practitioners-Liguo Zhang, Yun Liu. With over 30 years of experience, Floreat Acupuncture uses traditional techniques like Chinese Herbal Medicine for overall wellbeing and for treating & reducing headaches & migraines, foot pain, fine lines, wrinkles, puffy eyes, double chins, anxiety, insomnia, lethargy, arthritis, TMJ, sinus/hayfever, cancer.
Range of Services:
- Acupuncture for migraines & headaches
- Acupuncture for overall, holistic wellbeing
- Moxibustion for cold condition & cancer support
- Scraping (Gua Sha) for reducing pain, breaking down adhesions, increasing range of motion, reduced swelling
- Cupping therapy for creating suction for toxin removal
- Cosmetic acupuncture for increasing oxygen levels via microcirculation leading to detoxification
- Holistic care for foot pain
- Chinese Herbal Medicine including Yin & Yang, five elements
- Tui Na/Massage for reducing muscle tension from acute chronic pain through Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LMD)
- Acupuncture for stress & anxiety
Require sound body?! Call Floreat Acupuncture today, speaking to a member from our clinic.
Call: (08) 6113 6208
Or, visit our website & book online: