Nowadays, everyone is busy in their fast-paced lives. Schedules are packed with one thing after the other, specifically now that the world is now awakened and opened again from its deep ‘slumber’-post-covid life full of rat race, competition, and back to its former track. And that calls for the intrusion of stress as part and parcel of our everyday lives which we can’t just shrug off even for a day. In fact, stress, anxiety, tension, worries, and other psychological disorders and ailments have taken a toll in human lives resulting in life-long illnesses, which we should be careful about. Added to that, stress is the ultimate fertility killer affecting our hormonal production, monthly menstrual cycles, egg quality thereby making us incapable of conceiving and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. No less harmful is the effect of stress in men who are having a hell of a time in maintaining and increasing sperm count necessary for fertilization of eggs in women, leaving them with very little or no chances of pregnancy. All in all, your overall bodily system goes for a toss if you are so much stressed out, suffering from anxiety, worries and a lot more.
What is stress?
Stress is often defined as an event that a person sees/feels is worrisome or threatening. In order to protect itself, the body responds with a ‘fight or flight’ response.
How can stress impact a fertility patient?
In some cases, infertility patients respond to stress of being incapable to conceive by aggressively pursuing treatments and different procedures relating to pregnancy like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) performed at Acupuncture Perth. Patients tend to withdraw and isolate from family, friends, and community. Neither of these is ideal for patients seeking to treat their infertility in the hope of starting and building up a family sooner or later in their lives.
How can one reduce stress?
Having less stress in your life whilst pursuing fertility treatment at Acupuncture Perth, which also employs Acupuncture for Migraines and other stress-induced symptoms, may not result in pregnancy. However, developing better coping strategies for managing stress related to an infertility diagnosis and treatment help you to feel more in control and improve overall wellbeing.
Reduced stress is beneficial for your health. Finding ways and means to minimize stress, which also involves Acupuncture for Migraines whilst pursuing varied treatment procedures can also help to some extent.
There’re many stress-reducing techniques, more popular methods to treat infertility issues, which are:
- Aerobic exercise (may be reduced during treatment)
- Collaboration with experts in dealing with stress reduction
- Guided therapy
- Listening to music
- Massage therapy
- Mind-body groups
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Psychotherapy & cognitive behavioural therapy
- Self-help books
- Support/educational groups
Get yourself treated for stress-induced infertility at Floreat Acupuncture Perth! We provide safe, effective acupuncture to improve overall health in consultation with our certified practitioners-Liguo Zhang, Yun Liu. With over 30 years of experience, Floreat Acupuncture employs traditional methods like Chinese Herbal Medicine for holistic wellbeing & for treating headaches & migraines, foot pain, fine lines, wrinkles, puffy eyes, double chins, anxiety, stress, insomnia, lethargy, arthritis, TMJ, sinus/hayfever, cancer.
Range of Acupuncture Services:
- Acupuncture for stress-related infertility
- Acupuncture for Migraines & headaches
- Acupuncture for overall, holistic wellbeing
- Moxibustion for cold condition & cancer support
- Scraping (Gua Sha) for reducing pain, breaking down adhesions, increasing range of motion, reduced swelling
- Cupping therapy for creating suction for toxin removal
- Cosmetic acupuncture for increasing oxygen levels via microcirculation leading to detoxification
- Holistic care for foot pain
- Chinese Herbal Medicine including Yin & Yang, five elements
- Tui Na/Massage for reducing muscle tension from acute chronic pain through Lymphatic Drainage massage (LMD)
- Acupuncture for stress & anxiety
Want to reduce stress affecting infertility?! Call Floreat Acupuncture today, speaking to a member from our clinic.
Call: (08) 6113 6208
Or, visit our website & book online: